Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Diana is moving from sedate Chelsea to a new pad near trendy Shoreditch in East London.

Anyone spare a room for a homeless pop star? Ditzy diva Diana Vickers is without anywhere to call home after a mix-up over moving-in dates.
05/10/2010


Diana is moving from sedate Chelsea to a new pad near trendy Shoreditch in East London - but there's a three-week gap while she waits for the new place to be ready.

"I've moved out of my old flat and I've got three weeks til I can move into my new place with my sister Charlotte. So I'm sofa surfing, staying with different friends every night.

"It's a drain," she said, her Lancashire drawl still croaky from a recent throat infection

Diana Vickers' sexy new video for My Wicked Heart



"I've been living in Chelsea for the past year on my own, and it's not really me down here - it's quiet and everyone's a bit older. So I'm really excited about going to east London, which is much more my thing - there's loads of young people and artists and there's a real party atmosphere.



"I can't wait to get there and get settled," she adds.

But as soon as 19-year-old Diana gets the keys to the new place she'll be upping sticks again as she embarks on her first national tour to take her smash album Songs From The Tainted Cherry Tree around Britain.

And we've got the web exclusive of her latest video My Wicked Heart - her third single - which is due to be released next month. The song has been described as an anthem to one-night-stands - a rumour Diana is quick to quash.

"No!" she said. "It's not that!

"It's about someone you're infatuated with for months and months, and you really want them but can't have them - either because they're in a relationship or you're in a relationship.

"You know it's bad what you're feeling, but at the same time just seeing them gives you butterfiles in your stomach and turns you into a frisky devil!

"And no.. I'm NOT talking about anyone in particular! Unless Johnny Depp phones me up I'm too busy for a relationship right now. Also, I'm very picky - it takes a lot for someone to catch my eye."

Diana describes the song as a mix of quirky dance queen Bjork and goth-rockers Siouxsie & the Banshees.

"I'm really excited. It's a new sound for me - very electro but very poppy. I guess it's a bit far-out but a lot of my fans have been in touch saying how much they love it so I hope it will do well."

But as for being wicked herself? "I've never really done anything wicked - but i used to always do naughty things when I was growing up like filrting with people you're not meant to flirt with.

"When I was young I used to hang out with the bad crowd.. and my mum always used to say 'don't go on the back of their motorbikes'.. but of course I'd go on the back of their motorbikes."

Di was mentored by Cheryl Cole when she won the nation's hearts in the X Factor two years back. She says they rarely see each other now, but puts that down to their hectic schedules rather than a reported cooling in relations.

"I speak to her every now and again and we both went out to a dinner a few weeks ago, but it's hard enough getting to spend time with my own friends so we don't really get a chance to hang out."



"I'm watching the X Factor when I get a chance. I love Matt, the guy with the hat. He's got such a great voice and loads of charisma. And for a male vocalist hes got a huge range and we need a really good new lad on the scene.

"I haven't been asked to perform on the show yet this year, but obviously I'd love it. Everyone tries to get that place. A duet with Matt? Maybe, if he asked!"



As well as her meteoric music career, Diana has been making waves in the fashion industry - she was chosen to be the face of a high-street brand at last month'S London Fashion Week.

"This was the first year I've been invited to fashion week and I got so into it. I was being really geeky, like 'what material is that?' And I got to go backstage and meet the designer of the dress i was wearing, which was amazing.

"I know I've worn some pretty out-there outfits but I always have the last say.

"Although was one time at the iTunes festival when I had to wear this dress like a gold teapot with nipple tassles.. that was a bit far out. My mum loved it though.. she said she was going to buy one!"



My Wicked Heart is available to download on October 17 and will be in the shops on November 1. The UK and Ireland tour starts on November 8 in Manchester.

No comments:

Post a Comment