Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The show ‘Pratigya’ on Star Plus has given Pooja's fame a whole new dimension.

A conversation with Pooja Gor aka Pratigya
Wednesday, September 15, 2010, 12:16 [IST]



Pooja Gor might not be known by everyone, but Pratigya is someone that each and every person these days can identify. The show ‘Pratigya’ on Star Plus has given Pooja's fame a whole new dimension. We caught up with the hottest new name in tele-town and got her to share a few thoughts.

Pratigya is a strong character, is Pooja the same in real life?

Pooja in real life is not like Pratigya. There are many differences and similarities between my onscreen and off screen persona. Pooja is very lazy at times, a total chatterbox who enjoys life to the fullest, a happy go lucky person, bold yet kiddish. Obviously, that is not how Pratigya behaves. But once I get into the character of Pratigya, I totally get into it. I get the maturity and strength to deal with different situations, and I think this happens just because I believe in the character. I never ever simply essay a character; I live it. And that is the reason why people are so convinced with the role. I honestly follow the morals and principals of Pratigya.

How you were approached for the role of Pratigya?

Ekta Kapoor has chosen me at first for ‘Kitani Mohabbat Hai’ through a social networking site and that became my first ever debut on television. After that, I did a few cameos, followed by ‘Pratigya’ which became my calling card.

Every actor has to go through the "struggling" phase in his or her life. Have you faced such hardships till now?

By god’s grace, I have not at all faced any hard ship in my acting career so far. I have never sat home with depression without any work. I started working with "Kitani…" on 16th December 2008 and it came to an end by September 2009; immediately after which, in October 2009, I started working for ‘Pratigya’. So, touch wood, so far I haven't experienced any down time in acting.

Why acting as a career and nothing else?

Actually, I was never decided upon what to do in my life. I had no ambition in my life till I was in 10th standard. Someday I used to think I want to be a doctor, someday a lawyer, and some days I even wanted to become a teacher. But since my childhood I have always dreamt about being a branch manager of Axis Bank. (Yeah, that's a long story). But life took a turn and I was tipped by Ekta Kapoor on a social networking site to become an actor. So how can I reject goddess Laxmi that had come to my doorstep?

‘Pratigya’ is doing well these days. Did you ever think the show would reach these heights one day?

Yes, I had a feeling that this show would do really well right from the time I met the producer, Pearl, for the first time. I was highly impressed by her confidence in the show. And the most important thing was the concept of the show. It was the first time on Indian television such kind of story was taken up. Now, looking back, I can happily say that my gut feeling was so true.
Whom will you credit for the success of show? How will you rate yourself as an actor?

Daily soap is team work. I will give credit to all those who have supported and contributed to the show; including the writers, the creative team, the producers, the crew that works relentlessly day in and day out. And when it comes to rate me from 1 to 10, I think 8 is the best one for me because still I have to learn many things in my life. This is just a start.

Who is your role model in acting?

Priyanka Chopra; I am a big fan of hers. I admire the way she carries herself; her style, her charm. And the most important thing is that the way she loves her dad. I think we both share the same story and I can relate to her. I want to be like her one day.

How is your experience with your co actors?

I don’t mix with any one. On set, I am by myself. I come on time, get into my green room, do my make up, when any one calls me for the shot, I go and deliver my best after which, again I come back to my room. But yes, after working for so many years, we all are quite comfortable with each other.

What is your final goal to achieve?

I have a very crucial aim to achieve, but I can’t reveal it now. You will come to know as I fulfill it. But I think this just my start and I am in a learning process, still I have to grow and apply what I have learned so far. Miles to go ahead. Still many things are pending in life. I have just turned 19 now, so the journey has just begun.

Message to your audience!

Keep loving and watching 'Pratigya' if you want the show to continue. Thanks for the love and support for the show. Thanks a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment