Friday, October 8, 2010

" Rakhi Sawant Hindustan ki beti hai," claims this item girl who has dabbled in charity in the past.

Rakhi Sawant in Lok Sabha!
Akash Wadhwa, TNN,
Oct 8, 2010, 12.00am IST




There's simply no stopping Rakhi Sawant, from shooting her mouth off that is. And this time round this unbridled item girl has big plans of joining politics, no less, as she tells TOI in an exclusive.

" Rakhi Sawant Hindustan ki beti hai," claims this item girl who has dabbled in charity in the past. She adds, "Five years from now and you will see me sitting in Lok Sabha. I have everything that a politician should have." Was cleaning the Mumbai streets a step in that direction, we wonder?

But the unstoppable doesn't stop here, as she has an opinion on Baba Ram Dev joining politics too. But "Main rajneeti ki kursi sekna nahi chahti hoon, like others" is all she was ready to comment on the Yoga guru having hid own political outfit, and the smart ones can read between the lines.

Ask her from where she would like to contest elections and she quickly replies, "Kanpur. Usse mera purana rishta hai. Ek time pe wo mera sasural hua karta tha. So, what better place to start my political career from a place which is so close to my heart."

And Rakhi seems to have started understanding a bit of politics, she claims. "Ab Shiv Sena ko hi dekh lo. The party workers are creating a ruckus over " Bigg Boss 4" contestants being from Pakistan. Did anyone ever think why did they did not do anything to another show which has contestants from India and Pakistan competing with each other.?" Read between the lines. Yeh Mumbai hai meri jaan! If you want to create news, the best thing is to approach Shiv Sena. Thoda hungama, thode putle jalenge and the show is in news everywhere. It is the best publicity stunt!"

But offstage theatrics apart, Rakhi, who appeared as a proper actress in only one film, "Dil Bole Haddipa", rues that nobody is ready to cast her as an actress in a movie. "Yash Raj offered me a second lead in the movie but unfortunately all my scenes were badly chopped and again I was reduced as an item girl. I have the potential of an actress but no one in Bollywood is ready to see beyond my skin show." Maybe that's why she says she's ready o go de-glam! "Mujhe jitna expose karna tha main kar chuki. Ab aur nahi. Exposing has earned me the place where I always wanted to be, but not anymore. It is high time that I show the real potential in me," she signs off.

No comments:

Post a Comment