Thursday, December 2, 2010

Miranda Kerr has created history by appearing as the first pregnant model on the cover of Vogue Australia.

Miranda Kerr is 1st pregnant cover girl of Vogue
Thursday, December 2, 2010, 13:55 [IST]

Tags: miranda kerr, create history appear, first pregnant model, australia vogue cover, australian supermodel, kerr large pregnant belly, fashion bible january cover, victorias secret lingerie, hollywood actor orlando bloom, demi moore, pregnant celebrity cover girl, alex perry dress, kerr 6 months, pregnant


Melbourne (ANI): Miranda Kerr has created history by appearing as the first pregnant model on the cover of Vogue Australia. The Australian supermodel proudly stands side-on holding her large pregnant belly for the fashion bible's January cover. The pictures were taken when Kerr was 6 1/2 months pregnant and show the Victoria's Secret lingerie darling wearing a collection of designer frocks including a sheer white Alex Perry dress.

In another shot she appears completely nude, holding one hand under her belly and another across her breasts. "It's been a great experience modeling while pregnant because I'm really proud of my belly and I'm really happy about this moment in my life," the Herald Sun quoted her as telling Sky News.

Kerr tells Vogue she found the first three months of her pregnancy 'challenging' as she dealt with morning sickness while working. She also admits to having food cravings, although not of the junk food variety. "I normally don't eat tomatoes or oranges, however since being pregnant I've been craving them a lot," she said.

Kerr also tells the magazine she was 'flattered' when asked to walk the runway for Balenciaga in Paris five months into her pregnancy. "I agreed based on the fact that I was well enough in myself to do it... (I) was flattered he wanted me to be in the show, belly and all," she says.

Kerr married Hollywood actor Orlando Bloom in a shotgun wedding in July and is due to give birth to their first child in January. Demi Moore was the first pregnant celebrity cover girl when she famously posed nude for Vanity Fair in 1991.

No comments:

Post a Comment